Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tonight, we hit the Old Dominion Cookbook yet again.  Mexican Meatloaf - ground beef with taco seasoning, oatmeal & egg, filled with cream cheese and topped with salsa - was accompanied by Mac & Cheese with a variety of cheeses and sour cream.  Both were really good!  The Meatloaf called for optional jalapenos, which I opted NOT to use this time.  It was good without 'em and we didn't miss the extra 'kick'. 
We also had French bread and Arbor Mist Exotic Fruits wine.  I guess we really mixed it up with the ethnicity tonight, too!  American, French and Mexican. I didn't realize that until I started writing. LOL

I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day.  This year had a more Patriotic feel than I've noticed in years past.  There were so many mentions of gratitude and American pride on Facebook and Twitter - and even on TV stations.  It was great to see so much, especially with my son leaving in a couple of months for the Marine Corps.  I had a rather emotional weekend!  We had a guest speaker in Sunday School, too - a career Army commander who talked about 'Christianity in the Military'.  Very moving hour - and quite a few tears on my part.

I know four young men now who are serving - Logan in the Air Force in Minot, ND; Van in the Army in Korea; John in Navy boot camp in Chicago and Charlie who left today for Marine basic training in Parris Island.  Please keep them, their families and all who are serving, have served and are getting ready to serve in your prayers. 

Til next time,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment