Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Music Thoughts

Wow!  It's been a super long time since I posted.

I've been thinking about music a lot lately - how I hear a certain song and it ALWAYS, ALWAYS reminds me of a certain person, place or time.

"Beautiful Tonight" - Eric Clapton:  June Garrett and Lynn Ingram at Henry Walke Co.

"Canon in D" - Pachelbel:- weddings

"There You'll Be" - Faith Hill:  my dad and my son ("In my dreams, I'll always see you soar above the sky...")  It always reminded me of my dad, then was our Mother/Son dance music at John's wedding.

"Touch Me in the Morning" - Diana Ross:  Lisa Harrell in middle school

"Take On Me" - Aha:  riding my exercycle in my first apartment watching the brand new MTV.  (Okay, I'm showing my age here.)

"Spinning Wheel" - Three Dog Night and "Sweet Caroline" - Neil Diamond: my uncle's record store in Monroe, NC

"Islands in the Stream" - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton:  Roger Coffey playing it over and over in the house on Highland Street in Charlotte

Anything by The Police:  Mark Barringer

"Leader of the Band" - Dan Fogelberg:  my grandfather

Anything by Burl Ives:  Lynn Hamilton

"No Surrender" - Bruce Springsteen and "Run Between the Raindrops" - Pat Benatar:  Vyjay Vyas at Queens

"It's Raining Men" - The Weather Girls:  the stripper at my 20th Birthday Party

There are so very many more.  What songs take you back?


No comments:

Post a Comment