Sunday, December 4, 2016

I am a loner.  I make no apologies and have long accepted that I just don't 'do' relationships.  Oh, I've tried a few times, but I just don't seem to have it in me to sustain things.  (Husband and children excepted - but they're kind of stuck with me.)  However, lately I've been repeatedly running into the idea of 'reconciliation'.  Typically, when I keep finding the same word, concept or idea coming up in a multiple of ways (books I'm reading, articles I see at work, things on TV, even songs) I start thinking that I'm supposed to DO something.  This time, though, I can't imagine  what, precisely, I'm being lead to do.  There's just not anyone out there who would even care.  The people who have faded out of my life are doing just fine without me and I honestly don't see any interest in reconnecting.  So, what, exactly, does 'reconciliation' mean?  Are we supposed to keep trying over and over when there's no interest?  When there has been betrayal? When all parties have gone their separate ways?

What is the Christian concept of reconciliation and does it mean we are to try repair all relationships? 

I guess I'm just confused - it keeps cropping up, sometimes daily, and I just don't see the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment